THE NINEVEH 90 CHALLENGE BEGINS FEBRUARY 13
“Consecration Day” will be on May 13, the 100th Anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima.
Nineveh 90 – Ten Elements
- For these 90 days, resolve to let go of repetitive sin you struggle with (e.g., masturbation, over-eating, alcohol, etc.)
- Wear Brown Scapular (Scapular Medal allowed) – Akin to Sackcloth
- Daily Mass – if you can’t get there physically, use your tablet, smartphone, or computer to do the “daily mass thing” at work or at home via Daily Mass Roman Catholic – Youtube Channel – 50 minutes is a small price to pay in order to “Save the World”.
- Confession (at least once a month … immediately following grave sin)
- Support System: Create or join a “Nineveh 90 Squad” of 3-8 people. Meet 1-3 times per week (in person or online). Join together with an “Accountability Buddy.” Meet daily or, at least, 3 times a week.
- Holy Hour (or at least 20 minutes – does not need to be before the Blessed Sacrament)
- Bedtime Prayers
For 90 Days, Commit to …
- Regular and intense exercise (this may be one of the greater challenges for many)
- Seven hours of sleep is essential
- No Alcohol
- No desserts & sweets
- No eating between meals
- No soda or sweetened drinks
- No television or movies (news allowed)
- Only music that lifts the soul to God
- No televised sports (one per week allowed)
- Limit recreational computer time (only use for personal needs and fulfillment. May be needed for Nineveh 90 too)
- Prayer Intention for 54 Day Rosary Novena: Personal Holiness and for the Roman Catholic Church.
Sundays and Solemnities: may be a day of relaxed discipline, but not abandoned. (Sleep in an extra hour, cream in your coffee, a dessert, a beer, etc.)
Fasting: Wednesdays and Fridays (Water/Juice and bread only, if medically allowed, otherwise as is outlined by the USCCB)
You are encouraged (not required) to join the Angelic Warfare Confraternity (We have found that the requirements for joining are not very accessible to many, so we are not requiring this)
NOW, is a wonderful time to, in essence, “warm up” for Nineveh 90. For example, maybe take this time to ease into your exercise program that will begin on February 13.
Join the 7000+ people who already signed for Nineveh 90 at www.nineveh90.com